Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow & Reverie

This morning I woke up as I usually do: 7:15am alarm sounds to the tune of NPR and I lay and listen to the events of yesterday. I lay in bed dreading to get out of my heated cocoon and onto the frosty floor. I get out of bed at around 8:30, take a brisk shower, throw on some clothes, and head off to work 5 minutes late. As I approach my final stage, I notice a thin layer of white covering the ground. It's here. The snow is finally here. Every step I take I feel guilty for ruining the Divine design of a perfect blanket of snow that finds no exceptions on what it will cover. But the snow is not why I am writing this.

Recently I have requested to my God that he show himself to me through different avenues. Specifically my dreams. And as usual, God has given it to me. But there is just one problem: I have not the slightest clue what any of them mean. Now, anyone who knows my history of dreams could understand why ("weird" does not do justice to what they should be called). I thought about if this is just coincidence...but I have a hard time accepting that. The reason is that for the past four to five nights, I have had a dream every single night. Let me also let you know that before my request, I could not even remember the last time I have had ANY dreams. What I want to do is transcribe what I can remember from them and hope that I can find meaning in them later on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream #1: The Tornado and The Grave

My family and I are standing around chatting in our empty house on Sugar Creek Trail. Someone notices that the sky begins to turn dark and a funnel cloud begins to form. I go outside and look directly at the the funnel. It quickly touches down and starts on it path of destruction to our house. The family is freaking out and so am I. We watch as the funnel of destruction gets within a few feet of the door and then the tornado begins to change directions and then goes around the house. After the storm passed....I found myself alone.

Alone.

Suddenly, I hear the muffled sound of two girls talking outside. I head out to the backyard and I do not recongnize either of them. But I do however recognize the man laying on the ground. It's Jessica's dad and he is lying there motionless. Dead. I go back inside finding it hard to breathe and then I stumble upon Jessica in the kitchen. The frightened look in my eyes must have given her the impression that something was horribly wrong. She knows that I just came from outside, so she looks at me...then looks outside and runs to the door. I called out to her to stop and that she doesn't want to go out there. I told her to trust me. She didn't listen.

She bursts out of the back doors and I follow close behind. When we get outside however, he is not there any more. We walk to the very back of the backyard and there he is. Laying there dead....but instead of two girls being there, my mother is standing over him with a shovel. But not using it as a weapon, but as a tool. She is beginning to bury Jessica's dad. And i notice that there is a pile of dirt on top of him already, and in the dirt there are flowers growing....rooting themselves into the flesh beneath them.

I scream to my mom, "What are you doing?!"

End dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream #2: The Lamb

From what I can remember from this dream is very brief. The setting is in a field somewhere. I am standing above a lamb with an ax in hand. No one else is there. Nothing is happening. Everything is silent.

I stare at this lamb and I realize that I suppose to butcher this animal. I go to chop the head clean off but i hit something hard on impact. I grow concerned and take the ax and hit the neck again but not as forceful. I find there is something inside the neck. I use the blade and carefully make my way around it and then the head falls off. Out from the neck rolls a cup.

End dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream #3: The Abandoned House and The Strange Woman

The dream commences with me realizing that I need to go check on the house (which I actually still have to do in real life, maybe that is my guilty conscience....sorry mom). I get to the house and all of the doors are off. I walk into the house and to my disgust there are animals and creatures EVERYWHERE. And not like furry bunnies or panda bears, but crazy, mutated creatures and cockroaches and other insects lining the walls. I run out of the house and run into a wall of charging beaver like creatures. The one noticable difference being that every inch of their body was covered in thorns. I dodge past them and run back into another section on the house. Now, I am not quite sure of the details past this point, but I do remember one last thing. When I went inside the house, there was a couple...of which I knew neither of them. But the woman (who was unbelievably gorgeous) ended up coming over to me, embracing me, and then kissing me on the mouth.

End dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not quite sure if these mean anything. I would like to think that they do.
I plan on maybe getting a few books that discuss dream interpretation.

Shalom.


1 comment:

Me said...

Good read.
I enjoyed the dreams, but more so the way they were written.
My favorite thought is the very first paragraph.